Old 24-08-2009, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default bolting rocket

My second planting of rocket, planted about a month ago (same seed
packet, different side of same pots), hasn't grown any usefully edible
leaves, but has taken off and gone straight to flower. What have I done
to give it such a fright?

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally
Old 24-08-2009, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 24, 1:55*pm, Kate Brown wrote:
My second planting of rocket, planted about a month ago (same seed
packet, different side of same pots), hasn't grown any usefully edible
leaves, but has taken off and gone straight to flower. *What have I done
to give it such a fright?

Come on, Kate, it's not rocket science!
Old 24-08-2009, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Brown" wrote in message
My second planting of rocket, planted about a month ago (same seed packet,
different side of same pots), hasn't grown any usefully edible leaves, but
has taken off and gone straight to flower. What have I done to give it
such a fright?

Perhaps it is hotter and drier this month?
I think rocket bolts if it is too dry, but I may be wrong.