GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   re growing blueberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/186871-re-growing-blueberries.html)

bulldurham 26-08-2009 10:45 PM

re growing blueberries

Advice given all sound , yes , no problem with pots , ericaceous compound ,
mine have a generous addition of oak leaf mould added . Most important
advice - (I didn't follow it ) NET SECURELY ) I had a good crop and didn't
harvest any - Still the birds seemed to like them well enough judging by the
purple droppings around .

Gopher 27-08-2009 08:31 AM

re growing blueberries

In message , bulldurham
writes
Advice given all sound , yes , no problem with pots , ericaceous compound ,
mine have a generous addition of oak leaf mould added . Most important
advice - (I didn't follow it ) NET SECURELY ) I had a good crop and didn't
harvest any - Still the birds seemed to like them well enough judging by the
purple droppings around .

Blackbirds will kill for them!
--
Gopher .... I know my place!

Pam Moore[_2_] 27-08-2009 12:15 PM

re growing blueberries

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:31:29 +0100, Gopher wrote:

In message , bulldurham
writes
Advice given all sound , yes , no problem with pots , ericaceous compound ,
mine have a generous addition of oak leaf mould added . Most important
advice - (I didn't follow it ) NET SECURELY ) I had a good crop and didn't
harvest any - Still the birds seemed to like them well enough judging by the
purple droppings around .

Blackbirds will kill for them!

I have had a wonderful crop from one plant in a big tub, and no
trouble from birds. I've even been able to freeze some. The pot is
close outside my kitchen window; maybe that deterred them.

Pam in Bristol

®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ 27-08-2009 01:33 PM

re growing blueberries

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:15:12 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:31:29 +0100, Gopher wrote:

In message , bulldurham
writes
Advice given all sound , yes , no problem with pots , ericaceous compound ,
mine have a generous addition of oak leaf mould added . Most important
advice - (I didn't follow it ) NET SECURELY ) I had a good crop and didn't
harvest any - Still the birds seemed to like them well enough judging by the
purple droppings around .

Blackbirds will kill for them!

I have had a wonderful crop from one plant in a big tub, and no
trouble from birds. I've even been able to freeze some.

Well that'll teach 'em to pinch your fruit.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹