Old 26-08-2009, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default re growing blueberries

Advice given all sound , yes , no problem with pots , ericaceous compound ,
mine have a generous addition of oak leaf mould added . Most important
advice - (I didn't follow it ) NET SECURELY ) I had a good crop and didn't
harvest any - Still the birds seemed to like them well enough judging by the
purple droppings around .

Old 27-08-2009, 08:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , bulldurham
writes
Advice given all sound , yes , no problem with pots , ericaceous compound ,
mine have a generous addition of oak leaf mould added . Most important
advice - (I didn't follow it ) NET SECURELY ) I had a good crop and didn't
harvest any - Still the birds seemed to like them well enough judging by the
purple droppings around .

Blackbirds will kill for them!
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 27-08-2009, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:31:29 +0100, Gopher wrote:

In message , bulldurham
writes
Advice given all sound , yes , no problem with pots , ericaceous compound ,
mine have a generous addition of oak leaf mould added . Most important
advice - (I didn't follow it ) NET SECURELY ) I had a good crop and didn't
harvest any - Still the birds seemed to like them well enough judging by the
purple droppings around .

Blackbirds will kill for them!

I have had a wonderful crop from one plant in a big tub, and no
trouble from birds. I've even been able to freeze some. The pot is
close outside my kitchen window; maybe that deterred them.

Pam in Bristol
Old 27-08-2009, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:15:12 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:31:29 +0100, Gopher wrote:

In message , bulldurham
writes
Advice given all sound , yes , no problem with pots , ericaceous compound ,
mine have a generous addition of oak leaf mould added . Most important
advice - (I didn't follow it ) NET SECURELY ) I had a good crop and didn't
harvest any - Still the birds seemed to like them well enough judging by the
purple droppings around .

Blackbirds will kill for them!

I have had a wonderful crop from one plant in a big tub, and no
trouble from birds. I've even been able to freeze some.

Well that'll teach 'em to pinch your fruit.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹