GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant identity help. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/187611-plant-identity-help.html)

Mike 04-10-2009 08:53 PM

Plant identity help.

Hi, There is a medium shrub flowering now with a very intense blue small
flower, I did know the name of it as a friend told me, |I remember finding
difficulty pronouncing it. The leaf is small and when not flowering is quite
insignificant, only when flowering it becomes a head turner. Often seen in
landscape planting in parks, roundabouts etc
Any help appreciated. Mike.

beccabunga 04-10-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 866299)

Maybe Ceratostigma willmottianum? http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

Spider[_2_] 04-10-2009 10:27 PM

Plant identity help.

"Mike" wrote in message
Hi, There is a medium shrub flowering now with a very intense blue small
flower, I did know the name of it as a friend told me, |I remember
finding difficulty pronouncing it. The leaf is small and when not
flowering is quite insignificant, only when flowering it becomes a head
turner. Often seen in landscape planting in parks, roundabouts etc
Any help appreciated. Mike.

Ceratostigma? Species a plumbaginoides, willmottianum; griffithii. You
will need to google to be sure which one. Lovely plant.

Spider

Mike 04-10-2009 11:37 PM

Plant identity help.

Thanks, it is Cerateostigma, I will check which variety, hidden late summer
gem. Thanks for all replies.