Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant identity help.

Hi, There is a medium shrub flowering now with a very intense blue small
flower, I did know the name of it as a friend told me, |I remember finding
difficulty pronouncing it. The leaf is small and when not flowering is quite
insignificant, only when flowering it becomes a head turner. Often seen in
landscape planting in parks, roundabouts etc
Any help appreciated. Mike.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Maybe Ceratostigma willmottianum? http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1
Old 04-10-2009, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote in message
Hi, There is a medium shrub flowering now with a very intense blue small
flower, I did know the name of it as a friend told me, |I remember
finding difficulty pronouncing it. The leaf is small and when not
flowering is quite insignificant, only when flowering it becomes a head
turner. Often seen in landscape planting in parks, roundabouts etc
Any help appreciated. Mike.

Ceratostigma? Species a plumbaginoides, willmottianum; griffithii. You
will need to google to be sure which one. Lovely plant.

Spider

Old 04-10-2009, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Plant Identity? Endorphin Gardening 5 29-09-2008 03:29 AM
Plant Identity? - green-flowers-01.jpg (1/1) Mike Dee[_3_] Garden Photos 2 28-09-2007 12:43 PM
Plant identity please Broadback United Kingdom 2 11-12-2006 04:34 PM
Plant identity needed Mick United Kingdom 7 06-10-2003 05:02 PM
plant identity redstar United Kingdom 8 09-07-2003 04:28 PM