GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fruit trees from Aldi (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/187712-fruit-trees-aldi.html)

Rajinder Nijjhar 11-10-2009 02:18 PM

Fruit trees from Aldi

Hi,

I bought about 4 fruit trees, Pears and apples from Aldi and they are giving
good sized fruit. Any experience or warning please?

I want to try grapes too.

Any varieties I can try that have different ripening times please. Apples,
Pears, Plums, etc

--
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.
Retired Senior Lecturer in Metallurgy

Dave Hill 11-10-2009 07:30 PM

Fruit trees from Aldi

On 11 Oct, 14:18, "Rajinder Nijjhar"
wrote:
Hi,

I bought about 4 fruit trees, Pears and apples from Aldi and they are giving
good sized fruit. *Any experience or warning please?

I want to try grapes too.

Any varieties I can try that have different ripening times please. *Apples,
Pears, Plums, etc

--
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.
Retired Senior Lecturer in Metallurgy
For articles on Sister Christian and Sikh communities, visit: -http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rajinder.nijjhar/sikhism.htmhttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/rajinder.nijjhar/trinnut.JPG

You dont say where in the UK you are and / or what altitude these have
a great bearing on the possibility to grow grapes where you are.
Try doing a google search for "rowing grapes in the UK" should give
you the answer.
David Hill

Pete C[_2_] 11-10-2009 10:19 PM

Fruit trees from Aldi

wrote:
[...]

Well, theres the Oxbridge lot......good for wineing ;)
--
Pete C
London UK

Dave Hill 12-10-2009 10:13 AM

Fruit trees from Aldi

wrote:

Hi,

I bought about 4 fruit trees, Pears and apples from Aldi and they are giving
good sized fruit. *Any experience or warning please?

I want to try grapes too.

Any varieties I can try that have different ripening times please. *Apples,
Pears, Plums, etc

--
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.
Retired Senior Lecturer in Metallurgy
For articles on Sister Christian and Sikh communities, visit: -http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rajinder.nijjhar/sikhism.htmhttp://homep...

You dont say where in the UK you are and / or what altitude these have
a great bearing on the possibility to grow grapes where you are.
Try doing a google search for "rowing grapes in the UK" should give
you the answer.
David Hill

Should be "Growing Grapes"
David Hill

alan.holmes 12-10-2009 05:10 PM

Fruit trees from Aldi

wrote:

[...]

I was going to saay I wouldn't like to row grapes!

Alan

David Hill

Pete C[_2_] 12-10-2009 09:59 PM

Fruit trees from Aldi

wrote:

[...]

Yes I know. Apologies for your lackmof sense of humour.
--
Pete C
London UK

Pete C[_2_] 13-10-2009 10:08 PM

Fruit trees from Aldi

wrote:

[...]

Mmm, note to self....don't post ****ed.
Sorry David.
--
Pete C
London UK

Judith in France 14-10-2009 05:38 PM

Fruit trees from Aldi

wrote:

[...]

It's a pity a lot of people don't follow suit!!! Consider yourself
slapped young man!!! :-))

Judith

Pete C[_2_] 14-10-2009 10:12 PM

Fruit trees from Aldi

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, ok....don't rub it in. I respect David and his posts. We all screw up
sometimes....? ;)
--
Pete C
London UK

Sacha[_4_] 14-10-2009 11:25 PM

Fruit trees from Aldi

On 2009-10-14 22:12:15 +0100, "Pete C" said:

wrote:

[...]

We do? What a thought? Moi? You apologised - would that more could.
;-) It makes you the bigger person, IMO and here's some Brasso for
that halo!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Janet Tweedy 16-10-2009 12:21 AM

Fruit trees from Aldi

In article , Pete C
writes

.
Try doing a google search for "rowing grapes in the UK" should give
you the answer.
David Hill

Well, theres the Oxbridge lot......good for wineing ;)

It will go well with the oars d'houvres :)

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph