Old 11-10-2009, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fruit trees from Aldi

Hi,

I bought about 4 fruit trees, Pears and apples from Aldi and they are giving
good sized fruit. Any experience or warning please?

I want to try grapes too.

Any varieties I can try that have different ripening times please. Apples,
Pears, Plums, etc

--
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.
Retired Senior Lecturer in Metallurgy

Old 11-10-2009, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 11 Oct, 14:18, "Rajinder Nijjhar"
wrote:
Hi,

I bought about 4 fruit trees, Pears and apples from Aldi and they are giving
good sized fruit. *Any experience or warning please?

I want to try grapes too.

Any varieties I can try that have different ripening times please. *Apples,
Pears, Plums, etc

--
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.
Retired Senior Lecturer in Metallurgy
For articles on Sister Christian and Sikh communities, visit: -http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rajinder.nijjhar/sikhism.htmhttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/rajinder.nijjhar/trinnut.JPG

You dont say where in the UK you are and / or what altitude these have
a great bearing on the possibility to grow grapes where you are.
Try doing a google search for "rowing grapes in the UK" should give
you the answer.
David Hill
Old 11-10-2009, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
[...]

Well, theres the Oxbridge lot......good for wineing
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 12-10-2009, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

wrote:

Hi,

I bought about 4 fruit trees, Pears and apples from Aldi and they are giving
good sized fruit. *Any experience or warning please?

I want to try grapes too.

Any varieties I can try that have different ripening times please. *Apples,
Pears, Plums, etc

--
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.
Retired Senior Lecturer in Metallurgy
For articles on Sister Christian and Sikh communities, visit: -http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rajinder.nijjhar/sikhism.htmhttp://homep...

You dont say where in the UK you are and / or what altitude these have
a great bearing on the possibility to grow grapes where you are.
Try doing a google search for "rowing grapes in the UK" should give
you the answer.
David Hill

Should be "Growing Grapes"
David Hill
Old 12-10-2009, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

I was going to saay I wouldn't like to row grapes!

Alan

David Hill

Old 12-10-2009, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

Yes I know. Apologies for your lackmof sense of humour.
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 12-10-2009, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Old 13-10-2009, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

Mmm, note to self....don't post ****ed.
Sorry David.
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 14-10-2009, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

It's a pity a lot of people don't follow suit!!! Consider yourself
slapped young man!!! :-))

Judith
Old 14-10-2009, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, ok....don't rub it in. I respect David and his posts. We all screw up
sometimes....?
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 14-10-2009, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-10-14 22:12:15 +0100, "Pete C" said:

wrote:

[...]

We do? What a thought? Moi? You apologised - would that more could.
;-) It makes you the bigger person, IMO and here's some Brasso for
that halo!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 16-10-2009, 12:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pete C
writes

.
Try doing a google search for "rowing grapes in the UK" should give
you the answer.
David Hill

Well, theres the Oxbridge lot......good for wineing

It will go well with the oars d'houvres

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Water butts on offer at Aldi 5th March OG United Kingdom 9 07-03-2009 01:23 AM
Seeds @ Aldi Anthony United Kingdom 3 12-02-2004 11:37 PM
Seeds @ Aldi Anthony United Kingdom 0 12-02-2004 11:34 PM
Seeds @ Aldi Anthony United Kingdom 0 12-02-2004 11:34 PM
Aldi - 99p Tulip Bulbs dommy United Kingdom 3 17-09-2003 08:15 AM