Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-10-2009, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default One gardening textbook.

Hi,
Suggestions, please, for a textbook to comprehensively cover vegetable
growing for a new (coming to the end of my first season) allotment
holder.
I've had some good successes and a few failures and learnt a
tremendous amount but I'd like a single source of reference that has
good depth on everything I might need to know - and on things that I
might not need to know but will find very useful to know. A text that
covers everything and assumes a starting knowledge of zero would be
good, and with a 'want to at least try to be organic' bias.
ISBN numbers for suggested texts would be very useful, if you're
suggesting a book you own and can find such information.

TIA,
Regards,
Martin.