GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   McCulloch Motor Mower-Self Propelled; how to adapt so grass bag canbe changed without stopping engine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/187947-mcculloch-motor-mower-self-propelled%3B-how-adapt-so-grass-bag-canbe-changed-without-stopping-engine.html)

No Name 26-10-2009 10:37 AM

McCulloch Motor Mower-Self Propelled; how to adapt so grass bag can ?be changed without stopping engine

Gel wrote:
Thanks to Euro Health & Safety zealots you can no longer stop a mower
without engine shutting off, when your hand comes off "dead man's
handle".

(snip)

One possibility I suppose is to fabricate some sort of crade to lift
front end of mower (as it's front wheel propelled) and place front end
of mower in that, so during grass box change, the front end is
elevated, and front wheels will keep turning, but go nowhere, but
blade of course is still rotating.

I'm afraid I am finding it very amusing (in a very naughty and bad way!)
that the health + safety rules are making you consider something
considerably more dangerous than you would have if they'd not had them!

Pete Stockdale 26-10-2009 03:01 PM

McCulloch Motor Mower-Self Propelled; how to adapt so grass bag can be changed without stopping engine

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...

"Pete Stockdale" wrote in message
I have two ride on mowers.

But both machines do not allow you to dismount if the blades are
revolving.

Wow, what do they do to prevent you dismounting? I have a mental image of
a passenger restraint akin to those on roller coasters:-)

On one, the engine (including blades if engaged ) stops every time as you
dismount.
On the other, you can dismount without the engine stopping, provided you
have disengaged the blade drive.
Of course there is no restraint (yet !) - however the blades will not be
turning on either machine once the rider has completed the dismounting
process (:-)

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com