Old 07-12-2009, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Moat?

Instead of re-planting the flower beds round the house, I'm beginning
to wonder if we shouldn't emulate the MP and have a (smaller and
narrower) moat instead. We can't even begin to think about planting
when it's as saturated as this and as soon as we think it's drying out
a bit, back comes the rain and the cycle starts all over again! What a
depressing start to winter this has been.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 07-12-2009, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
Instead of re-planting the flower beds round the house, I'm beginning to
wonder if we shouldn't emulate the MP and have a (smaller and narrower)
moat instead. We can't even begin to think about planting when it's as
saturated as this and as soon as we think it's drying out a bit, back
comes the rain and the cycle starts all over again! What a depressing
start to winter this has been.

My experience of such weather is that the cycle doesn't want to start at
all - leastways, not until I've put the plug in the oven for a bit.

--
Rusty

Old 07-12-2009, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

mark wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
Instead of re-planting the flower beds round the house, I'm beginning to
wonder if we shouldn't emulate the MP and have a (smaller and narrower)
moat instead. We can't even begin to think about planting when it's as
saturated as this and as soon as we think it's drying out a bit, back
comes the rain and the cycle starts all over again! What a depressing
start to winter this has been.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Hello! Harry in this group now?

--
Rusty
Old 07-12-2009, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
mark wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
Instead of re-planting the flower beds round the house, I'm beginning to
wonder if we shouldn't emulate the MP and have a (smaller and narrower)
moat instead. We can't even begin to think about planting when it's as
saturated as this and as soon as we think it's drying out a bit, back
comes the rain and the cycle starts all over again! What a depressing
start to winter this has been.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Hello! Harry in this group now?

I was being the strong and silent type there for a moment.

mark

Old 07-12-2009, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-07 15:45:26 +0000, Rusty Hinge
said:

Sacha wrote:
Instead of re-planting the flower beds round the house, I'm beginning
to wonder if we shouldn't emulate the MP and have a (smaller and
narrower) moat instead. We can't even begin to think about planting
when it's as saturated as this and as soon as we think it's drying out
a bit, back comes the rain and the cycle starts all over again! What a
depressing start to winter this has been.

My experience of such weather is that the cycle doesn't want to start
at all - leastways, not until I've put the plug in the oven for a bit.

We can't even walk on it at present. And there are still tracks on the
big lawn from where someone took a wheelbarrow across it last week.
It's a swamp. Give us a week of dry weather and cracks will appear in
the ground!

Old 07-12-2009, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Old 08-12-2009, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-07 18:15:24 +0000, Rusty Hinge
said:

Hello! Harry in this group now?

?Houdini?

Marsh