GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Revised use for the manure heap (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/188550-revised-use-manure-heap.html)

Muddymike 07-12-2009 03:06 PM

Revised use for the manure heap

I came across this the other day, and found it interesting
reading. Not that I am about to start burning poo you understand.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/hooker87.html

Mike
(The muddy one)

Sacha[_4_] 07-12-2009 03:17 PM

On 2009-12-07 15:06:00 +0000, "Muddymike" said:

I came across this the other day, and found it interesting
reading. Not that I am about to start burning poo you understand.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/hooker87.html

Mike
(The muddy one)

It is interesting, thanks, Mike. But I thought people had been drying
and using e.g. cow pats as fuel for centuries? I've never tried it
myself !
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

pied piper 07-12-2009 04:39 PM

Revised use for the manure heap

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
I came across this the other day, and found it interesting reading. Not
that I am about to start burning poo you understand.

Would make a change to you talking it.

Bob Hobden 07-12-2009 05:12 PM

Revised use for the manure heap

"Sacha" wrote ...
"Muddymike" said:

I came across this the other day, and found it interesting
reading. Not that I am about to start burning poo you understand.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/hooker87.html

It is interesting, thanks, Mike. But I thought people had been drying and
using e.g. cow pats as fuel for centuries? I've never tried it myself !

Certainly in rural India you see stacks of cow pat patties all along the
roadside, they look like little huts, and you often see women making the
patties by hand. Seems different areas have their own design of stack, some
are quite ornamental.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

K 07-12-2009 08:23 PM

Revised use for the manure heap

Muddymike writes
I came across this the other day, and found it interesting
reading. Not that I am about to start burning poo you understand.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/hooker87.html

I've used dried cowpats as a way of keeping the campfire gently burning
through the night, ready to be woken up for morning tea.
--
Kay