Old 28-04-2003, 07:08 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Dahlia Advice Please

If there's a late frost just open a broadsheet newspaper over them for the
night and weigh the edges down if necessary. Frost protection is better than
worrying. I find the Guardian has the right quality for the job lol. Old
fashioned, wait till the blue decking brigade get hold of them, they'll be
all the rage

From the English Riviera
If you live in Paradise why would you want to go abroad for a holiday?
Answers on a postcard to
http://www.cornishlight.freeserve.co.uk/rame.htm

Paul England firstplatz @virgin.net wrote:
: Call me old-fashioned, but last year I grew 8 Dahlias, 7 of which are
: now up 2 inches.
: Q. If we get a late frost, will the shoots merely be singed or is the
: damage likely to be terminal. Thanks.
:
: Paul

Old 28-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Little Badger

Paul
I leave all my Dahlias in the ground every year and they make it through
late frosts.

Badger

news