GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   please help-new information needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/19021-re-please-help-new-information-needed.html)

Stephen Howard 29-04-2003 12:08 AM

please help-new information needed

On 28 Apr 2003 14:11:15 -0700, (Robert) wrote:

HI:

I am a student and am interested in contributing to a body of
knowledge "needed" in the area of your group's expertise.

Could anyone from your group give me an idea of any information or
subject matter you would like to see developed or researched more in
your area of interest that is not out there already or may not be in
quite the format that you desire???

I would very much appreciate your feedback.

This will be part of my project for a masters in education.

I would of course make this information available to the group upon
its completion and would gladly make reference to your contribution.

Cat scarers that work, anyone??

( Runs for cover, pausing only to grab gin and baccy ).

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk

Julie Pascal 29-04-2003 01:32 AM

please help-new information needed

"Robert" wrote in message
om...
HI:

Ok, ok. I'll bite.

I am a student and am interested in contributing to a body of
knowledge "needed" in the area of your group's expertise.

What are *you* interested in? It sounds like you've come
to a place where someone else isn't telling you what to
study and what to research.

Could anyone from your group give me an idea of any information or
subject matter you would like to see developed or researched more in
your area of interest that is not out there already or may not be in
quite the format that you desire???

I keep looking up at the newsgroup line (hello mental health!
hello uk gardeners!) and trying to identify a pattern. You've
made my head hurt. Though I suppose that homeschoolers
experience a range of mental healthiness and probably garden
quite a bit, too. Isn't spring wonderful? Have the spring
bulbs finished in the uk? Here in north-central USA they
are just starting and I expect at least one more frost.

I would very much appreciate your feedback.

This will be part of my project for a masters in education.

I'm trying, I really am, to think of something for you but I can't.
And I think that the reason that I can't is that my feelings about
education lean toward self-directed learning whenever possible.
An assignment of reading or math or some other basic skill
makes sense but beyond that, self-directed learning would seem
to have unmistakable benefits. And assignments would seem
to have unmistakable drawbacks.

How do assignments train our habits of mind? How do they
short circuit inquiry and exploration?

I would of course make this information available to the group upon
its completion and would gladly make reference to your contribution.

Please respond to:
Thank you very much!!!

Well, I won't be sending the e-mail. I don't have e-mail set up
on my newsreader at the moment. That's not the main reason
though. Mostly I just figure that popping in to ask people to go
out of their way to help (when you don't even read the newsgroup)
and then disappearing is rude.

--Julie

Scott Bryce 29-04-2003 01:32 AM

Robert wrote:
HI:

I am a student and am interested in contributing to a body of
knowledge "needed" in the area of your group's expertise.

Psychotic English gardeners who homeschool?

--Scott
MEHSC

Daniel Fortin 29-04-2003 10:56 PM

please help-new information needed

ok umm how about the actual diagnosis of self-Injury. Its so unsure if its
part of a disorder, or a disorder in its self, or hell is it even at
disorder at all?
Anyways i did a small paper on that myself, and could get far, with the
information available.

Ednews 30-04-2003 08:44 PM

please help-new information needed

HI:

I am a student and am interested in contributing to a body of
knowledge "needed" in the area of your group's expertise.

snip

Robert Zelig

Hello all!

Following your last lot of great advice to me I've been looking forward to
being able to return the favour, and this is an excellent opportunity,

Don't send this person an email. This looks to me like it is either an
attempt to get lots and lots of valid email addresses to sell to a spammer,
or a kind of attack on the person who owns that email address, so that
he/she starts to get so much junk email that he/she can't use that account.

If they were a real student they would respond with a academic email address
or web address. At the very least they would tell you at which university
they are carrying out their research.

A search of 'gellmangroup.com" on google (his email address in the headers)
reveals information about a 'global internet marketing company" i.e. a
company which spams users of the internet. You will also find references to
this company in the news.admin.net-abuse.sightings, where people post spam
to warn others.

Hope this is useful and not too many people have sent their email addresses
to this bloke.