GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New Lawn Mower advice (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/190614-new-lawn-mower-advice.html)

Pat27 04-04-2010 10:09 AM

New Lawn Mower advice

I am looking for a small/medium electric orPetrol Cylinder(not rotary) mower with a roller and REAR grass collection - does such a thing exist?

Bob Hobden 04-04-2010 03:35 PM

New Lawn Mower advice

"Pat27" wrote

http://www.qualcast.co.uk/cylinder/

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob Hobden 04-04-2010 03:40 PM

New Lawn Mower advice

"Bob Hobden" wrote "Pat27" wrote

also.. http://www.atco.co.uk/

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Gopher 04-04-2010 04:51 PM

New Lawn Mower advice

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Bob Hobden" wrote "Pat27" wrote
I am looking for a small/medium electric orPetrol Cylinder(not
rotary)
mower with a roller and REAR grass collection - does such a thing exist?

http://www.qualcast.co.uk/cylinder/

also.. http://www.atco.co.uk/

I've had an 21 in Atco Commodore for 15 years or so and it has always
been excellent. Not cheap but worth every penny. And they were still
making them last year so I suspect they're still around.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!

Gopher 04-04-2010 06:05 PM

New Lawn Mower advice

In message , Gopher
writes
In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Bob Hobden" wrote "Pat27" wrote
I am looking for a small/medium electric orPetrol Cylinder(not
rotary)
mower with a roller and REAR grass collection - does such a thing exist?

http://www.qualcast.co.uk/cylinder/

also.. http://www.atco.co.uk/

I've had an 21 in Atco Commodore for 15 years or so and it has always
been excellent. Not cheap but worth every penny. And they were still
making them last year so I suspect they're still around.

Bad form to f/up own post but want to apologise as I just realised you
want a rear grass collection. I missed this even tho' you capitalised
it. My grey moments are increasing in frequency.... I think.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!

Bob Hobden 04-04-2010 10:56 PM

New Lawn Mower advice

"Gopher" Bad form to f/up own post but want to apologise as I just
realised you
want a rear grass collection. I missed this even tho' you capitalised it.
My grey moments are increasing in frequency.... I think.

I don't think you can have a rear grass collection cylinder mower due to the
way it works, even the push one is front collection. But then front
collection is much easier to deal with, take the bin off/on etc IME, you
don't have the handle in the way all the time.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Dave Liquorice[_2_] 04-04-2010 11:07 PM

New Lawn Mower advice

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 22:56:43 +0100, Bob Hobden wrote:

I don't think you can have a rear grass collection cylinder mower due to
the way it works, even the push one is front collection.

It's the big rear roller that puts paid to rear collection. get rid
of that and you can have rear collection.

Quite a selection he

http://www.mowermagic.co.uk/acatalog/Hand_Mowers.html

--
Cheers