Old 04-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered User

Default New Lawn Mower advice

I am looking for a small/medium electric orPetrol Cylinder(not rotary) mower with a roller and REAR grass collection - does such a thing exist?
Old 04-04-2010, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pat27" wrote

http://www.qualcast.co.uk/cylinder/

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Old 04-04-2010, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote "Pat27" wrote

also.. http://www.atco.co.uk/

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Old 04-04-2010, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Bob Hobden" wrote "Pat27" wrote
I am looking for a small/medium electric orPetrol Cylinder(not
rotary)
mower with a roller and REAR grass collection - does such a thing exist?

http://www.qualcast.co.uk/cylinder/

also.. http://www.atco.co.uk/

I've had an 21 in Atco Commodore for 15 years or so and it has always
been excellent. Not cheap but worth every penny. And they were still
making them last year so I suspect they're still around.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 04-04-2010, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Gopher
writes
In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Bob Hobden" wrote "Pat27" wrote
I am looking for a small/medium electric orPetrol Cylinder(not
rotary)
mower with a roller and REAR grass collection - does such a thing exist?

http://www.qualcast.co.uk/cylinder/

also.. http://www.atco.co.uk/

I've had an 21 in Atco Commodore for 15 years or so and it has always
been excellent. Not cheap but worth every penny. And they were still
making them last year so I suspect they're still around.

Bad form to f/up own post but want to apologise as I just realised you
want a rear grass collection. I missed this even tho' you capitalised
it. My grey moments are increasing in frequency.... I think.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!

Old 04-04-2010, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gopher" Bad form to f/up own post but want to apologise as I just
realised you
want a rear grass collection. I missed this even tho' you capitalised it.
My grey moments are increasing in frequency.... I think.

I don't think you can have a rear grass collection cylinder mower due to the
way it works, even the push one is front collection. But then front
collection is much easier to deal with, take the bin off/on etc IME, you
don't have the handle in the way all the time.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 04-04-2010, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 22:56:43 +0100, Bob Hobden wrote:

I don't think you can have a rear grass collection cylinder mower due to
the way it works, even the push one is front collection.

It's the big rear roller that puts paid to rear collection. get rid
of that and you can have rear collection.

Quite a selection he

http://www.mowermagic.co.uk/acatalog/Hand_Mowers.html

--
Cheers
Dave.

Craftsman mower scalps lawn- need repair advice George Abbot Lawns 2 26-05-2008 08:21 PM
Riding Lawn Mower Advice me Lawns 27 22-08-2006 12:02 AM
Need advice on buying first riding lawn mower [email protected] Gardening 4 17-04-2006 02:22 AM
lawn about 60 sq metres and quite flat - advice on best mower please Jim United Kingdom 2 04-07-2004 12:05 AM
How to Make a Lawn Mower into Mulching Mower? Jay Chan Gardening 8 30-05-2003 04:09 PM