Old 02-05-2010, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Old rocks...

I've got a pile of old rocks that used to be half the rockery and a
path...

I could freecycle them but I'm hoping to get some cash for them -
(Which I can then spend on something nice for my garden...) ... Any
suggestions as to where to look for people who'd buy them?

Loot? Supermarket notice board? Is it worth ringing some garden
places/rock sellers and see if they are interested?

--
http://www.Voucherfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Old 07-05-2010, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from mogga contains these words:

I've got a pile of old rocks that used to be half the rockery and a
path...

I could freecycle them but I'm hoping to get some cash for them -
(Which I can then spend on something nice for my garden...) ... Any
suggestions as to where to look for people who'd buy them?

Loot? Supermarket notice board? Is it worth ringing some garden
places/rock sellers and see if they are interested?

--
http://www.Voucherfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

A friend had a pile outside her house and several people stopped to ask
if they could buy them. Why not put them where they can be seen and dob
a sign in saying rocks for sale.

--
Compo
Old 07-05-2010, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Paul Simonite
wibbled on Friday 07 May 2010 08:17

The message
from mogga contains these words:

I've got a pile of old rocks that used to be half the rockery and a
path...

I could freecycle them but I'm hoping to get some cash for them -
(Which I can then spend on something nice for my garden...) ... Any
suggestions as to where to look for people who'd buy them?

Loot? Supermarket notice board? Is it worth ringing some garden
places/rock sellers and see if they are interested?

--
http://www.Voucherfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

A friend had a pile outside her house and several people stopped to ask
if they could buy them. Why not put them where they can be seen and dob
a sign in saying rocks for sale.

Agree - I've got rid of plenty of stuff leaving it out front.

And bear in mine B&Q sell rocks to the gullible for several pounds apiece.
The OP should manage 50p per rock easily if they look decent, so that's
beer money.

--
Tim Watts

Old 07-05-2010, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 07 May 2010 09:55:39 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

[...]

They're on ebay now - if they don't go on there then I'll try the
local supermarket notice board.

I could stick them in the front garden but they weigh a ton and it's
took enough effort to get them out of the garden.

I don't get a huge number of people walking past - although lots of
dog walkers come by I spose.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 7 May 2010 08:17:27 +0100, Paul Simonite
wrote:

A friend had a pile outside her house and several people stopped to ask
if they could buy them. Why not put them where they can be seen and dob
a sign in saying rocks for sale.

Ta
They weigh a lot though so it'd be a case of moving them... but will
consider this is they don't go on ebay
--
http://www.Voucherfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Pond Bottom: rocks or no rocks? JGW Ponds 61 17-08-2005 04:05 AM
[IBC] For old, Old, OLD members ;-) Bill Neff Bonsai 3 18-05-2005 04:28 AM
[IBC] For old, Old, OLD members ;-) Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 17-05-2005 09:14 PM
Old Trees and old news P van Rijckevorsel Plant Science 0 17-12-2003 04:04 PM
Planting a 3 week old tank and propagating a 2 year old sword rhizome McCord Tech Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 12-09-2003 10:22 AM