Old 05-06-2010, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hurrah

At long last two peas have decided to grow!

How long before the next one?

And what may be a beetroot!

Alan

Old 05-06-2010, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"alan.holmes" wrote in news:lvqOn.71838
$9A2.64463@hurricane:

At long last two peas have decided to grow!

How long before the next one?

And what may be a beetroot!

Alan

Annoying, but this year got off to a bad start.

When did you sow them?

My early peas are in flower and 2' high sowed late March, and I sowed
second early 10 days ago and they are starting to show.
Last year I had pods by now.
The year before I was an absolute beginner and only got a handfull.

My beetroot are 1/2" high sowed 2 weeks ago as an afterthought on a bit of
spare soil in my quite small garden(70 sq/m), dont really know what to do
with beetroot apart from pickling.

I have invested alot of time and money though to get a half decent soil
from a shagged out set of borders and lawn.

Regards
PtePike
Old 05-06-2010, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"PtePike" wrote in message
"alan.holmes" wrote in news:lvqOn.71838
$9A2.64463@hurricane:

At long last two peas have decided to grow!

How long before the next one?

And what may be a beetroot!

Alan

Annoying, but this year got off to a bad start.

When did you sow them?

Just over a fortnight ago!

Alan

Old 05-06-2010, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"alan.holmes" wrote in news:%SvOn.51116
:

"PtePike" wrote in message
"alan.holmes" wrote in news:lvqOn.71838
$9A2.64463@hurricane:

At long last two peas have decided to grow!

How long before the next one?

And what may be a beetroot!

Alan

Annoying, but this year got off to a bad start.

When did you sow them?

Just over a fortnight ago!

Alan

If its only 2 weeks ago.....