Old 08-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Registered User

Angry Help Identify Plant and Pruning Advice

Hi,

I moved into my house in Huntingdon about a year ago and have a plant in one of my borders that I'm not sure what it is.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...Pics/plant.jpg

Can anyone help?

I'd also like to know about pruning this plant. It stands about 4 foot high now, has lots of new growth at its tips.

Thanks

Dave N
Old 10-06-2010, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Help Identify Plant and Pruning Advice

http://tinyurl.com/3yaeuzo

Can anyone help?

I'd also like to know about pruning this plant. It stands about 4 foot
high now, has lots of new growth at its tips.

Thanks

It looks rather like a taller version of our Daphne laureola philippi, the
Spurge laurel, but at 4 feet it is perhaps a bit on the tall side. I
cannot offer any suggestions concerning pruning other than to say that as
a winter/early spring flowering shrub any pruning should have been carried
out immediately after flowering ended.

--
rbel