GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Unidentified Plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/192505-unidentified-plant.html)

Snoddie 05-07-2010 08:00 AM

Unidentified Plant

1 Attachment(s)
Please can anyone please identify this plant and give tips on its up-keep. My garden is in Nottinghamshire, UK.

Many thanks and best regards

echinosum 05-07-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoddie (Post 893170)
Please can anyone please identify this plant and give tips on its up-keep. My garden is in Nottinghamshire, UK.

Many thanks and best regards

Photo not very helpful. I can see some ivy leaves in the background. I can see small parts of two other plants in the foreground, not enough to identify either.

Snoddie 05-07-2010 03:57 PM

Hi echinosum,

Not the ivy the plant in question has two parts;
1) An ubrarella part with 5/6 pointed leaves
2) A brown & white thing that looks like a pitcher!

Sorry for the bad picture, but the one I took was too big to down load.

Quote:

Originally Posted by echinosum (Post 893198)

Gibson 06-07-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoddie (Post 893221)
Hi echinosum,

Not the ivy the plant in question has two parts;
1) An ubrarella part with 5/6 pointed leaves
2) A brown & white thing that looks like a pitcher!

Sorry for the bad picture, but the one I took was too big to down load.

It's an Arisaema concinnum, as per your other thread.

ezzerubob 06-07-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoddie (Post 893170)
Please can anyone please identify this plant and give tips on its up-keep. My garden is in Nottinghamshire, UK.

Many thanks and best regards

it's a arisema cocineanum and you are lucky to have it. it will die right away for winter so pile mulch on it to keep it warm away from frost and you should see it in spring.

Gibson 09-07-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezzerubob (Post 893310)
it's a arisema cocineanum and you are lucky to have it. it will die right away for winter so pile mulch on it to keep it warm away from frost and you should see it in spring.

That's Arisaema concinnum btw - and, coming as it does from elevations of up to 3000 metres in Nepal it is perfectly garden & frost hardy......