Old 05-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Registered User

Default Unidentified Plant

Please can anyone please identify this plant and give tips on its up-keep. My garden is in Nottinghamshire, UK.

Many thanks and best regards
Attached Thumbnails
Unidentified Plant-unknown-plant-003.jpg
Old 05-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoddie View Post
Please can anyone please identify this plant and give tips on its up-keep. My garden is in Nottinghamshire, UK.

Many thanks and best regards
Photo not very helpful. I can see some ivy leaves in the background. I can see small parts of two other plants in the foreground, not enough to identify either.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Registered User

Hi echinosum,

Not the ivy the plant in question has two parts;
1) An ubrarella part with 5/6 pointed leaves
2) A brown & white thing that looks like a pitcher!

Sorry for the bad picture, but the one I took was too big to down load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
Old 06-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoddie View Post
Hi echinosum,

Not the ivy the plant in question has two parts;
1) An ubrarella part with 5/6 pointed leaves
2) A brown & white thing that looks like a pitcher!

Sorry for the bad picture, but the one I took was too big to down load.

It's an Arisaema concinnum, as per your other thread.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoddie View Post
Please can anyone please identify this plant and give tips on its up-keep. My garden is in Nottinghamshire, UK.

Many thanks and best regards
it's a arisema cocineanum and you are lucky to have it. it will die right away for winter so pile mulch on it to keep it warm away from frost and you should see it in spring.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzerubob View Post
it's a arisema cocineanum and you are lucky to have it. it will die right away for winter so pile mulch on it to keep it warm away from frost and you should see it in spring.
That's Arisaema concinnum btw - and, coming as it does from elevations of up to 3000 metres in Nepal it is perfectly garden & frost hardy......