Old 20-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Registered User

Default Please tell me what hedge this is?

Hello,

I have just moved into a house and i am looking to buy the hedge that is already there but i have no idea what type it is and no one else has been able to help.
I hope someone will know (please see pic link) ~ Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

Kind regards
Imogen
Old 21-07-2010, 06:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/07/2010 21:43, imogen wrote:
Hello,

I have just moved into a house and i am looking to buy the hedge that is
already there but i have no idea what type it is and no one else has
been able to help.
I hope someone will know (please see pic link) ~ 'Twitpic - Share photos
on Twitter' (http://twitpic.com/26r60m/full)

Kind regards
Imogen

Looks like Griselinia Littoralis to me.
Don
Old 21-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donwill[_2_] View Post
Looks like Griselinia Littoralis to me.
And me.
Very common in civic plantings these days, but less well known in garden centres.
It is a New Zealand plant native to coastal areas there, and so most often used in coastal areas, because of its resistance to sea winds. But there's some around where I live, well inland in Bucks, and they look like they came through the last two winters undamaged.
Old 21-07-2010, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod Rod is offline

--
imogen

It's Griselinia littoralis.
How on earth can you buy the house and not the hedge? Are they going
to take it with them if you don't fall for this ploy?

Rod
Old 21-07-2010, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rod wrote:
On Jul 20, 9:43 pm, imogen wrote:
Hello,

I have just moved into a house and i am looking to buy the hedge
that is already there but i have no idea what type it is and no one
else has been able to help.
I hope someone will know (please see pic link) ~ 'Twitpic - Share
photos on Twitter' (http://twitpic.com/26r60m/full)

Kind regards
Imogen

--
imogen

It's Griselinia littoralis.
How on earth can you buy the house and not the hedge? Are they going
to take it with them if you don't fall for this ploy?

Rod

Er, at a wild guess the OP is talking about buying *more* of the same type
of hedge.

Ian

Old 26-07-2010, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , echinosum
writes
It is a New Zealand plant native to coastal areas there, and so most
often used in coastal areas, because of its resistance to sea winds.
But there's some around where I live, well inland in Bucks,

One of the gardens i do has had griselina put in as specimen bushes,
unfortunately the Muntjac love the plant here in Buckinghamshire!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph