Old 01-09-2010, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Virgin.net Phishing Scam

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Jeff Layman
writes

"alan.holmes" wrote in message
news

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
I just received an e-mail purporting to come from Virgin.net asking me
to update my account details as they were having difficulty processing
my payments.

This was not from Virgin.net. It was a scam. I've had one of these in
the past, and recognised the format.

Be on your guard!

I had one of those and I really did think it was from Virgin, I was so
incensed that I sent copy to support@virgin, telling them to sack the
person responsible, they came back with the same as you have said, it
was a scam!

Just out of interest I did tryo to go to the web site they wanted you
to, but it has been closed down.

No, it's still there.. I suggest you try again...

I wouldn't! I'd avoid it like the plague!

What I thought I would do is to put lots of false information on the site,
just to bugger them up!

Alan

--
Gordon H