Old 04-09-2010, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default side door greenhouse

Are there any 6 x 10 greenhouses with a side door? My brother has a
small garden in Shoreham and can fit in a 6 x 10 instead of the 6 x 8 if
he has a side door but can't find one anywhere. Any suggestions?
Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 04-09-2010, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
Are there any 6 x 10 greenhouses with a side door? My brother has a
small garden in Shoreham and can fit in a 6 x 10 instead of the 6 x 8
if he has a side door but can't find one anywhere. Any suggestions?
Janet

I don't have a greenhouse, but at risk of stating the obvious, the
reason the doors are in the end is to fit a door that you don't have to
duck into every time. Bound to forget, one day... :-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 05-09-2010, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gordon H wrote:
In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
Are there any 6 x 10 greenhouses with a side door? My brother has a
small garden in Shoreham and can fit in a 6 x 10 instead of the 6 x 8
if he has a side door but can't find one anywhere. Any suggestions?
Janet

I don't have a greenhouse, but at risk of stating the obvious, the
reason the doors are in the end is to fit a door that you don't have to
duck into every time. Bound to forget, one day... :-)

Still have to duck into most end doore :-(

Malcolm
Old 05-09-2010, 02:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Malcolm wrote:
Gordon H wrote:
In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
Are there any 6 x 10 greenhouses with a side door? My brother has a
small garden in Shoreham and can fit in a 6 x 10 instead of the 6 x
8 if he has a side door but can't find one anywhere. Any
suggestions? Janet

I don't have a greenhouse, but at risk of stating the obvious, the
reason the doors are in the end is to fit a door that you don't have
to duck into every time. Bound to forget, one day... :-)

Still have to duck into most end doore :-(

That has a very nice hint of Chaucer about it

("Ye Gardyner's Tale"?)

Ian

Old 05-09-2010, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Malcolm
writes
Gordon H wrote:
In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
Are there any 6 x 10 greenhouses with a side door? My brother has a
small garden in Shoreham and can fit in a 6 x 10 instead of the 6 x 8
if he has a side door but can't find one anywhere. Any suggestions?
Janet

I don't have a greenhouse, but at risk of stating the obvious, the
reason the doors are in the end is to fit a door that you don't have
to duck into every time. Bound to forget, one day... :-)

Still have to duck into most end doore :-(

Malcolm

I'm only 5'-7".
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Old 05-09-2010, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 5 Sep, 02:19, "Ian B" wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Gordon H wrote:
In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
Are there any 6 x 10 greenhouses with a side door? My brother has a
small garden in Shoreham and can fit in a 6 x 10 instead of the 6 x
8 if he has a side door but can't find one anywhere. Any
suggestions? Janet

I don't have a greenhouse, but at risk of stating the obvious, the
reason the doors are in the end is to fit a door that you don't have
to duck into every time. * * * *Bound to forget, one day... * :-)

Still have to duck into most end doore :-(

That has a very nice hint of Chaucer about it

("Ye Gardyner's Tale"?)

Ian

Have a look at this site
http://www.robinsonsgreenhouses.co.u...s-range/royale

You can get a house 8ft wide and just over 6 ft deep.
David
Old 05-09-2010, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ian B" wrote in message
Still have to duck into most end doore :-(

That has a very nice hint of Chaucer about it

("Ye Gardyner's Tale"?)

Hmm.

If you raise your house on a brick or other material base, you could reach
a height where you do not have to duck
when entering your side door.
We have an end door and two side doors - and no ducking is required.

Regrettably , I cannot help with the sourcing of these though.
They do have Henderson on the handle though.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 05-09-2010, 09:57 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Tweedy View Post
Are there any 6 x 10 greenhouses with a side door? My brother has a
small garden in Shoreham and can fit in a 6 x 10 instead of the 6 x 8 if
he has a side door but can't find one anywhere. Any suggestions?
Janet
Have you tried conservatory suppliers? That would work very easily for a lean-to greenhouse, more difficult for a free-standing. Or a timber 'potting shed' (widely available) with the roof replaced by glass panels? - could be a diy job

Robinsons do one - "Riviera" - but it's too big - 8ft 6in x 10ft 8in (2.59m x 3.25m)

The only other solution I can think of is two 5ft wide 6ft long greenhouses side by side:
5ft WIDE Greenhouses (4ft - 20ft Long) - Trusted Online Greenhouse sales. Gardman, Palram, Vitavia Greenhouses and more.

There are bespoke greenhouse companies, but they seem even more expensive than conservatory companies (smaller market, I guess).
__________________
Old 05-09-2010, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
Is this a leanto or free standing greenhouse?

If Free standing then no as the eave heights are too low, but with a bit
of thought surely a wall with a 10X6 leanto would work, putting a door in
the wall.

Alternativly you could buy a 6' run of 10' wide greenhouse
--

Dave pointed out the Robinsons site.
On it there is :-

http://www.robinsonsgreenhouses.co.u...nge/dwarf-wall

which should not be outside a good handyman's range to adapt to side entry.
The wall would have to be a bit higher and I would put the building of it
out to a
competant brickie.

It is just a matter of sourcing one the right size !

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 06-09-2010, 12:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Dave Hill writes
Have a look at this site
http://www.robinsonsgreenhouses.co.u...s-range/royale

You can get a house 8ft wide and just over 6 ft deep.
David

Thanks David but he needs a door in the long side of a greenhouse as he
has 10 foot of fence so unless it has the door on the side he has to
have his current 8 foot long to enable them to get into it!

Janet
Old 06-09-2010, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Charlie
Pridham writes
Alternativly you could buy a 6' run of 10' wide greenhouse

Who would do that Charlie and still supply all sides rather than expect
it to be stuck on the end of an existing one?

Janet
Old 07-09-2010, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...
In article , Charlie
Pridham writes
Alternativly you could buy a 6' run of 10' wide greenhouse

Who would do that Charlie and still supply all sides rather than expect
it to be stuck on the end of an existing one?

Janet

Try contacting
http://www.greenhouses-uk.com/ guys name is Richard Sutton
he does made to measure and supplies all the leading brands but he is
very helpful and has done greenhouses in odd spaces for many of our
friends down here
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk