Old 05-09-2010, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potato Seeds

I have noticed that the seed heads that formed from the flowers on my
potatoes are falling, as the foliage is now blighted!

Will these seeds germinate and cause problems, as do left behind
potatoes when you dig them up? If so, I need to get them all picked up
before I start digging the spuds (when it stops raining)

Roger T

Old 05-09-2010, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 20:42:21 +0100, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

I have noticed that the seed heads that formed from the flowers on my
potatoes are falling, as the foliage is now blighted!

Will these seeds germinate and cause problems, as do left behind
potatoes when you dig them up? If so, I need to get them all picked up
before I start digging the spuds (when it stops raining)

Roger T

I would get rid of all the tops and the fruits ASAP. You can pull off
the tops and dig the spuds when the weather is better. Try to remove
everything and bin it or burn it. Do not compost blighted material or
the fruits.

Pam in Bristol