Old 11-09-2010, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sauerkraut

Has anyone got a tried and tested method?
I followed a couple of recipies from the web last year and all I managed to
get was a fizzing yellow mess which was a disappointment.
Everything went to plan until the plastic bucket was uncovered, then it
smelled worse than Hell.
Pickling salt was used and no metal objects were used.

or

Does anybody know a different way to preserve cabbage, but not pickled.

We have enough cabbage to stock a shop and have given lots away but still
have lots of winter ones to harvest.

Thanks in advance
Part_No