Old 21-09-2010, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I had to smile :-)

outside it is the most beautiful late summer evening, still warm and mellow
you know the sort of thing, I have been sitting in the summerhouse with an
old friend who has just been told that it is snowing in New Zealand where he
lives and where he is going back to at the end of the week :-)

kate

Old 21-09-2010, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote
outside it is the most beautiful late summer evening, still warm and
mellow you know the sort of thing, I have been sitting in the summerhouse
with an old friend who has just been told that it is snowing in New
Zealand where he lives and where he is going back to at the end of the
week :-)

It's the reverse here, we have some relatives coming over from California,
the desert part, on Saturday and by then the temperature here will be only
just in double figures. They actually mailed us and asked if they should
bring a jacket!!!

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 22-09-2010, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Bob Hobden wrote:
It's the reverse here, we have some relatives coming over from California,
the desert part, on Saturday and by then the temperature here will be only
just in double figures. They actually mailed us and asked if they should
bring a jacket!!!

A jacket, a scarf, wellies, a wooly hat, and ski clothes you may own, ...
and a small fan heater.
Old 22-09-2010, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Kate Morgan" wrote
outside it is the most beautiful late summer evening, still warm and
mellow you know the sort of thing, I have been sitting in the summerhouse
with an old friend who has just been told that it is snowing in New
Zealand where he lives and where he is going back to at the end of the
week :-)

It's the reverse here, we have some relatives coming over from California,
the desert part, on Saturday and by then the temperature here will be only
just in double figures. They actually mailed us and asked if they should
bring a jacket!!!

Last time we were in NZ (long time ago) some people from the South Island
were ripping the p*ss out of their friends from North Island for turning up
with winter woolens, wellies, raincoats etc. because "it always rains there,
doesn't it".
Allegedly it is quite nice in the summer.
Better be - we are due there in November.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)