GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pruning time (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/193957-pruning-time.html)

Bill Grey 02-10-2010 07:41 PM

Pruning time

Hi everyone,

Earlier in the year I asked about pruning Photina, and was told I'd been too
late and would lose this year's growth. Now I ask - can I now prune my
Photinia and my Sambuca, both of wihch are quite well grown.

If now is the right time, how hard should they be cut back?

Bill

Michelle Nardei 03-10-2010 08:02 PM

Pruning time

On Oct 2, 2:41*pm, "Bill Grey" wrote:
Hi everyone,

Earlier in the year I asked about pruning Photina, and was told I'd been too
late and would lose this year's growth. *Now I ask - can I now prune my
Photinia and my Sambuca, both of wihch are quite well grown.

If now is the right time, how hard should they be cut back?

Bill

Was wondering what Photina and Sambuca were?

Bill Grey 03-10-2010 08:40 PM

Pruning time

"Michelle Nardei" wrote in message
On Oct 2, 2:41 pm, "Bill Grey" wrote:
Hi everyone,

Earlier in the year I asked about pruning Photina, and was told I'd been
too
late and would lose this year's growth. Now I ask - can I now prune my
Photinia and my Sambuca, both of wihch are quite well grown.

If now is the right time, how hard should they be cut back?

Bill

Was wondering what Photina and Sambuca were?

My mistake, that should be Photinia and I think Sambucus

Bill

Bill Grey 05-10-2010 09:41 PM

Pruning time

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"Michelle Nardei" wrote in message
On Oct 2, 2:41 pm, "Bill Grey" wrote:
Hi everyone,

Earlier in the year I asked about pruning Photina, and was told I'd been
too
late and would lose this year's growth. Now I ask - can I now prune my
Photinia and my Sambuca, both of wihch are quite well grown.

If now is the right time, how hard should they be cut back?

Bill

Was wondering what Photina and Sambuca were?

My mistake, that should be Photinia and I think Sambucus

Bill

Thanks for all your help.

Bill