Old 02-10-2010, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pruning time

Hi everyone,

Earlier in the year I asked about pruning Photina, and was told I'd been too
late and would lose this year's growth. Now I ask - can I now prune my
Photinia and my Sambuca, both of wihch are quite well grown.

If now is the right time, how hard should they be cut back?

Bill

Old 03-10-2010, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 2, 2:41*pm, "Bill Grey" wrote:
Hi everyone,

Earlier in the year I asked about pruning Photina, and was told I'd been too
late and would lose this year's growth. *Now I ask - can I now prune my
Photinia and my Sambuca, both of wihch are quite well grown.

If now is the right time, how hard should they be cut back?

Bill

Was wondering what Photina and Sambuca were?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Michelle Nardei" wrote in message
On Oct 2, 2:41 pm, "Bill Grey" wrote:
Hi everyone,

Earlier in the year I asked about pruning Photina, and was told I'd been
too
late and would lose this year's growth. Now I ask - can I now prune my
Photinia and my Sambuca, both of wihch are quite well grown.

If now is the right time, how hard should they be cut back?

Bill

Was wondering what Photina and Sambuca were?

My mistake, that should be Photinia and I think Sambucus

Bill

Old 05-10-2010, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"Michelle Nardei" wrote in message
On Oct 2, 2:41 pm, "Bill Grey" wrote:
Hi everyone,

Earlier in the year I asked about pruning Photina, and was told I'd been
too
late and would lose this year's growth. Now I ask - can I now prune my
Photinia and my Sambuca, both of wihch are quite well grown.

If now is the right time, how hard should they be cut back?

Bill

Was wondering what Photina and Sambuca were?

My mistake, that should be Photinia and I think Sambucus

Bill

Thanks for all your help.

Bill