GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cleaning Greenhouse Glass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/194376-cleaning-greenhouse-glass.html)

Roger Tonkin 09-11-2010 12:10 PM

Cleaning Greenhouse Glass

Now that the greenhouse is empty, the next job is to clean off all the
gren (?Lichen) from the glass.

What is the best approach, that will potentially stop it reappearing?
SWMBO suggests bleach, which is fine on three sides, but there are young
fruit bushes on the other side that may object to a soaking/splashing.

Thanks

Jonathan[_3_] 09-11-2010 01:12 PM

Cleaning Greenhouse Glass

On Nov 9, 12:10*pm, Roger Tonkin wrote:
Now that the greenhouse is empty, the next job is to clean off all the
gren (?Lichen) from the glass.

What is the best approach, that will potentially stop it reappearing?
SWMBO suggests bleach, which is fine on three sides, but there are young
fruit bushes on the other side that may object to a soaking/splashing.

Thanks

Armillotox is what I found works.

Jonathan

Bob Hobden 09-11-2010 02:02 PM

Cleaning Greenhouse Glass

"Roger Tonkin" wrote ...

Now that the greenhouse is empty, the next job is to clean off all the
gren (?Lichen) from the glass.

What is the best approach, that will potentially stop it reappearing?
SWMBO suggests bleach, which is fine on three sides, but there are young
fruit bushes on the other side that may object to a soaking/splashing.

Jeyes Fluid inside and out, but still try to avoid the fruit bushes.
http://www.jeyes.co.uk/jeyesfluid.htm

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

hollierose 15-11-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Tonkin (Post 904771)
Now that the greenhouse is empty, the next job is to clean off all the
gren (?Lichen) from the glass.

What is the best approach, that will potentially stop it reappearing?
SWMBO suggests bleach, which is fine on three sides, but there are young
fruit bushes on the other side that may object to a soaking/splashing.

Thanks

I know the frame too needs to be regularly inspected to make sure it is in order. I don't know that much about it but I have been told vinegar works, however I don't know how effective that is. I would have mine done professionally.