GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Magnolia grandiflora identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/194479-magnolia-grandiflora-identification.html)

Julian200 17-11-2010 10:18 AM

Magnolia grandiflora identification

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, About two years ago I purchased a Magnolia grandiflora "Edith Bogue" online, I have since had my doubts, as to what variety of Magnolia grandiflora I actually have. I also have an Magnolia grandiflora species in the garden, which survived the cold winter last year ok, but the "Edith Bogue" died to the ground and has since regrown, and I thought this was a more hardy variety, which is why I purchased it. The plant I have has larger leaves, than the species grandiflora and does not have a trace of the brown felting underneath, which Edith Bogue, is supposed to have. Can anyone identify which variety of Magnolia grandiflora I have or confirm that it is not an "Edith Bogue" ? Thanks