GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Gardening club near the Cut ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/194910-gardening-club-near-cut.html)

mink 19-12-2010 11:00 AM

Gardening club near the Cut ?

Hi all ,
I moved to Waterloo, London from Newlyn , Cornwall this April and am gradually turning my small slabbed garden into something greener .
Does anyone know if there is a gardening club in this area ?
My neighbours dont seem that keen on gardening and the few that do just buy the plants they want ready grown in pots .

Cheers

Mink

alan.holmes 19-12-2010 09:38 PM

Gardening club near the Cut ?

"mink" wrote in message

Hi all ,
I moved to Waterloo, London from Newlyn , Cornwall this April and am
gradually turning my small slabbed garden into something greener .
Does anyone know if there is a gardening club in this area ?

Try the local newspaper and library.

Alan

RG[_2_] 19-12-2010 10:27 PM

Gardening club near the Cut ?

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:00:45 -0000, mink
wrote:

Hi all ,
I moved to Waterloo, London from Newlyn , Cornwall this April and am
gradually turning my small slabbed garden into something greener .
Does anyone know if there is a gardening club in this area ?
My neighbours dont seem that keen on gardening and the few that do just
buy the plants they want ready grown in pots .

You could try asking at the Museum of Garden History, next to Lambeth
Palace. It's just a short walk from you and worth a visit in any case.

There's also an active group of guerilla gardeners in SE1, google will
give you details.

mogga 20-12-2010 11:58 AM

Gardening club near the Cut ?

wrote:

Hi all ,
I moved to Waterloo, London from Newlyn , Cornwall this April and am
gradually turning my small slabbed garden into something greener .
Does anyone know if there is a gardening club in this area ?
My neighbours dont seem that keen on gardening and the few that do just
buy the plants they want ready grown in pots .

Cheers

Mink

Where do they buy them from?

Have a look at the google maps and see if there's any nice gardens or
allotments nearby!
Or look on http://www.londonallotments.net/

Archbishop’s Park Waterloo London Borough of Lambeth
St John’s Churchyard Waterloo Waterloo London Borough of
Lambeth
http://www.keepbritaintidy.org/Green...s/Default.aspx
Award winning parks ...
--