Old 19-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Registered User

Location: southbank
Default Gardening club near the Cut ?

Hi all ,
I moved to Waterloo, London from Newlyn , Cornwall this April and am gradually turning my small slabbed garden into something greener .
Does anyone know if there is a gardening club in this area ?
My neighbours dont seem that keen on gardening and the few that do just buy the plants they want ready grown in pots .

Cheers

Mink
Old 19-12-2010, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"mink" wrote in message

Hi all ,
I moved to Waterloo, London from Newlyn , Cornwall this April and am
gradually turning my small slabbed garden into something greener .
Does anyone know if there is a gardening club in this area ?

Try the local newspaper and library.

Alan

Old 19-12-2010, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:00:45 -0000, mink
wrote:

Hi all ,
I moved to Waterloo, London from Newlyn , Cornwall this April and am
gradually turning my small slabbed garden into something greener .
Does anyone know if there is a gardening club in this area ?
My neighbours dont seem that keen on gardening and the few that do just
buy the plants they want ready grown in pots .

You could try asking at the Museum of Garden History, next to Lambeth
Palace. It's just a short walk from you and worth a visit in any case.

There's also an active group of guerilla gardeners in SE1, google will
give you details.
Old 20-12-2010, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Hi all ,
I moved to Waterloo, London from Newlyn , Cornwall this April and am
gradually turning my small slabbed garden into something greener .
Does anyone know if there is a gardening club in this area ?
My neighbours dont seem that keen on gardening and the few that do just
buy the plants they want ready grown in pots .

Cheers

Mink

Where do they buy them from?

Have a look at the google maps and see if there's any nice gardens or
allotments nearby!
Or look on http://www.londonallotments.net/

Archbishop’s Park Waterloo London Borough of Lambeth
St John’s Churchyard Waterloo Waterloo London Borough of
Lambeth
http://www.keepbritaintidy.org/Green...s/Default.aspx
Award winning parks ...
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Avocado ripe near surface, very not near core [email protected] Edible Gardening 2 02-09-2013 09:54 PM
lots of worthwhile twigs near the ugly earth were believing near the abysmal canyon Reverend Walter R. Tussaud United Kingdom 0 01-09-2005 03:58 PM
To cut or not to cut ? Allen Lai Lawns 4 31-10-2003 11:22 PM
Taste 100 Apple Varieties at fruit growing gardening club near Chicago Mfx2002 Edible Gardening 0 04-10-2003 09:02 PM
To cut or not to cut .... Allen Lai Lawns 9 12-06-2003 04:56 AM