Old 23-01-2011, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Ezelap Diamond Sharpening Pads

Thought I'd repost this as it has droped off the top list

Having just paid through the nose for the sharpeners I found this
site
http://www.toolventure.co.uk/Brands/...b1417_pg2.aspx
they are on offer here for just
EZE-LAP
Ezelap Diamond Sharpening Pad Set Of 3 M/F/SF - ¾” x 2”
was £15.91
save 37%
now £9.99 (ex VAT)

David

Old 23-01-2011, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 23, 9:26*am, Dave Hill wrote:
Thought I'd repost this as it has droped off the top list

Having just paid through the nose for the sharpeners I found this
sitehttp://www.toolventure.co.uk/Brands/EZE-LAP/All/b1417_pg2.aspx

On the subject of diamond sharpeners, there seems to be conflicting
advice about whether they should be used dry, ow with water, oil, or
some special spray.

I think I've wrecked one by NOT using water, so be sure what you need
to do.
Old 23-01-2011, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/01/2011 09:38, bobharvey wrote:
On Jan 23, 9:26 am, Dave wrote:
Thought I'd repost this as it has droped off the top list

Having just paid through the nose for the sharpeners I found this
sitehttp://www.toolventure.co.uk/Brands/EZE-LAP/All/b1417_pg2.aspx

On the subject of diamond sharpeners, there seems to be conflicting
advice about whether they should be used dry, ow with water, oil, or
some special spray.

I think I've wrecked one by NOT using water, so be sure what you need
to do.

I know with diamond cutting discs there are two distinct types, one that
can be used dry and one that can't. Something to do with "sintering" IIRC
Old 23-01-2011, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"bobharvey" wrote in message
On Jan 23, 9:26 am, Dave Hill wrote:
Thought I'd repost this as it has droped off the top list

Having just paid through the nose for the sharpeners I found this
sitehttp://www.toolventure.co.uk/Brands/EZE-LAP/All/b1417_pg2.aspx

On the subject of diamond sharpeners, there seems to be conflicting
advice about whether they should be used dry, ow with water, oil, or
some special spray.

I think I've wrecked one by NOT using water, so be sure what you need
to do.
Below is an extract fro the DMT site:-

http://www.dmtsharp.com/dmtdiff/faqsfeedback.php

See question #11

a..
1.. I know it says to use the sharpener dry or with water, but can I use
oil anyway? Can I store my DMT stone in kerosene?
1.. While we recommend you use DMT® products dry or with water only, it is
acceptable to use a variety of lubricants when sharpening with DMT®
products. Mineral oil, mineral spirits, kerosene, WD40 can all be used
without harming your DMT® sharpener. We do not recommend storing your DMT
sharpener in kerosene. DMT® recommends that you always wipe your Diamond and
Unbreakable Ceramic Sharpeners clean and store dry after use.
Hope this clears up the dilema

Bill

Earth First Gold Diamond Mulch where? Catty One Gardening 0 03-06-2005 05:35 PM
Diamond Sterlet Koi-er Ponds 0 23-04-2005 04:12 PM
List of bedding plant for Diamond wedding anniversary in late May CK United Kingdom 4 13-04-2005 01:47 AM
Diamond Tetra Graham Ramsay Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 14-10-2003 01:42 PM
Jacksonville Florida Diamond Anniversay Orchid Show Fran Kirby Orchids 0 10-03-2003 03:45 AM