Old 07-02-2011, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Default Ow

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 10:02:31 -0000, "Bill Grey"
wrote:

wrote in message
kay wrote:
Hydrogen peroxide might be of use - it will fizz up and the thorn will
possibly pop out.

Bread poultice is good for that. But I think the OP had already got the
thorn out - his problem is whatever muck the thorn carried in with it.

Yup. Eventually went kind of Janet's way - had a hot bath and then dug
the
whole surrounding area out with my nails whilst it was all still soft and
pliable. Not the most sensible idea, but it was getting annoying, and it
seems to have worked. I now have a very small scabbed over bit and no
inflamation. Yay.

Good luck.

Yes: I hope it's OK now. I'm not a big fan of most alternative
medicine, but I have found calendula cream very helpful for the early
stages of these cuts and punctures, even when a slight infection has
started. (I only mention this because I read somewhere that things
like Savlon, though they kill bugs, may delay healing by damaging the
tissue.)

--
Mike.