GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Allotment blog (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/195484-allotment-blog.html)

No Name 05-02-2011 07:54 PM

Allotment blog

If anyone's interested (probably not, but what the heck :-) - I've restarted
the old allotment blog that Nick and I were meant to be keeping:

http://www.cight.com/allotment/

The plan is to update every time we do /anything/ (plant anything, buy
anything or visit the allotment) - chance of it happening is slight, but I'm
giving it a go!

Bob Hobden 05-02-2011 11:09 PM

Allotment blog

Vicky wrote...

If anyone's interested (probably not, but what the heck :-) - I've restarted
the old allotment blog that Nick and I were meant to be keeping:

http://www.cight.com/allotment/

The plan is to update every time we do /anything/ (plant anything, buy
anything or visit the allotment) - chance of it happening is slight, but I'm
giving it a go!

Are you really going to grow all those seeds you got at the Whitchurch
Potato Day? How big is your allotment for goodness sake.
Did you get to that Pub I mentioned, any comments?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

No Name 05-02-2011 11:27 PM

Allotment blog

Bob Hobden wrote:
Are you really going to grow all those seeds you got at the Whitchurch
Potato Day? How big is your allotment for goodness sake.

Umm, that's just the top-up seeds. We always buy too many, but yeah, I'll
use at least some of each of them, in theory. Plus all the others.
Parsnips, sprouts, cabbage, kale, more tomatoes, more beans, carrots, more
peas ...

Did you get to that Pub I mentioned, any comments?

We ended up going to the White Hart, as it was very late when we dragged the
boys away from the potato printing. We also had a horrific "going out
without much cash and no cash card" day - we caused some queueing at the
potato till when the girl had to go and wave the credit card machine in the
hallway to get enough reception to process my transaction!

Bob Hobden 05-02-2011 11:34 PM

Allotment blog

Vicky wrote...

Bob Hobden wrote:
Are you really going to grow all those seeds you got at the Whitchurch
Potato Day? How big is your allotment for goodness sake.

Umm, that's just the top-up seeds. We always buy too many, but yeah, I'll
use at least some of each of them, in theory. Plus all the others.
Parsnips, sprouts, cabbage, kale, more tomatoes, more beans, carrots, more
peas ...

Did you get to that Pub I mentioned, any comments?

We ended up going to the White Hart, as it was very late when we dragged the
boys away from the potato printing. We also had a horrific "going out
without much cash and no cash card" day - we caused some queueing at the
potato till when the girl had to go and wave the credit card machine in the
hallway to get enough reception to process my transaction!

Oops, bet you were popular.

Glad we went on Saturday. :-)

--
Regards