Old 08-03-2011, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Identifying trees and saplings

I want to identify trees and saplings by number. I was thinking of
something like a Dymo which lets me print whatever numbers and text I
want and Dymo tape should be weatherproof, but it looks difficult to
fix round a tree.

Any suggestions?

Michael Bell

Old 08-03-2011, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:50:57 GMT, Michael Bell
wrote:

I want to identify trees and saplings by number. I was thinking of
something like a Dymo which lets me print whatever numbers and text I
want and Dymo tape should be weatherproof, but it looks difficult to
fix round a tree.

Any suggestions?

Michael Bell

Try cable ties. They are available in packs of 100.
http://www.globalplastics.co.uk/cable_ties.shtml for a good selection.

Steve

--
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
Old 08-03-2011, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

wrote:
I want to identify trees and saplings by number. I was thinking of
something like a Dymo which lets me print whatever numbers and text I
want and Dymo tape should be weatherproof, but it looks difficult to
fix round a tree.

Any suggestions?

Michael Bell

Try cable ties. They are available in packs of 100.http://www.globalplastics.co.uk/cable_ties.shtmlfor a good selection.

Steve

--
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. * * * * *www.easynn.com
SwingNN. * * Forecast with Neural Networks. *www.swingnn.com
JustNN. * * *Just Neural Networks. * * * * *www.justnn.com
Neural Planner Software. * * * * * * * * * *www.npsl1..com* * * * * *

For the numbers why not visit an agricultural merchant and look at
Animal ear tags.
To fasten them on to a tree etc, use Thin wire wire, wind some of it
round a pencil or similar object to give you a "Spring" this alows for
growth over the years.
Simples!!
Old 09-03-2011, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Michael Bell" wrote in message
. uk...
I want to identify trees and saplings by number. I was thinking of
something like a Dymo which lets me print whatever numbers and text I
want and Dymo tape should be weatherproof, but it looks difficult to
fix round a tree.

Any suggestions?

Michael Bell

--