Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Jennings's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Ellesmere Port, UK
Default Pots to bloom in summer months

Hi guys,

As you may know from my introductory post I am a noob gardener.

One challenge I have set myself is to grow some plants and flowers in pots, so they bloom in the summer months. I can then position the pots at tactical places in my front rockery, my back patio or hanging baskets.

I have bought three bergonia bulbs which I am going to plant this weekend.

I would really welcome any advice on what sort of stuff is cheap, relatively easy(so my experience is rewarding), and adds a splash of colour.

Is this a good idea? Are there obvious plant types I should go for? How many should I do (I am not wealthy)?

I hope these aren't stupid questions - and I know a lot of this is subjective and down to taste - but I want to get a feel for what other (novice and experienced) gardeners would do.

Thanks for reading,

Jennings