Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2011, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default tadpoles

I had some frogspawn in my pond the other week which was just about to
hatch but then we had a very cold spell and a thin layer of ice had
formed on the pond over night which had killed off the little tadpoles
as they had all stopped wriggling.

I scooped up about six dead tadpoles from the pond in a coffee jar and
just left them in the garage, a week later I was about to empty the jar
and found to my amazement that all six dead tadpoles had come to life
and where swimming in the jar, I had left the others in the pond but I
can't see if any of them had survived because the goldfish may have
eaten them.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsular.

Do Shubunkin eat tadpoles? David W.E. Roberts Ponds 7 13-05-2003 06:08 PM
Do Shubunkin eat tadpoles? David W.E. Roberts Ponds (alternative) 11 13-05-2003 06:08 PM
Tadpoles, what to feed? K30a Ponds 2 06-05-2003 03:56 AM
Tadpoles eating my Water Lilys - Any suggestions? IKD Australia 7 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
Where the heck are the tadpoles? Sam Hopkins Ponds 1 28-03-2003 08:20 PM