Old 18-04-2011, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant Identification

Hi,
Can anyone help identify a plant please.
Thanks

http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/...patree/Plants/
Old 18-04-2011, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet" wrote in message
In article 5ce725b7-fbd2-426d-988d-
, says...

Hi,
Can anyone help identify a plant please.
Thanks

http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/...patree/Plants/

Grapevine?

Janet

Blackberry/Bramble?

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.

Old 18-04-2011, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:18:55 -0700 (PDT), John
wrote:

Hi,
Can anyone help identify a plant please.
Thanks

http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/...patree/Plants/

I'd tend to agree with Janet that it looks like a vine - I'm going
more on the buds in the pics than the leaves. It would help to know
where this plant is. If in south of the country then a vine is a
strong possibility but if in the north then probably a bit early to be
in leaf. I'm in South Wales and my vines are only just opening to
leaves.

I don't think it's a blackberry as Mike suggests and certainly not a
bramble (sorry Mike).

It looks like it needs pruning but if it IS a vine, too late for this
year - a job for the winter months.

Jake
Old 18-04-2011, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

wrote:

Hi,
Can anyone help identify a plant please.
Thanks

http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/...patree/Plants/

I'd tend to agree with Janet that it looks like a vine - I'm going
more on the buds in the pics than the leaves. It would help to know
where this plant is. If in south of the country then a vine is a
strong possibility but if in the north then probably a bit early to be
in leaf. I'm in South Wales and my vines are only just opening to
leaves.

I don't think it's a blackberry as Mike suggests and certainly not a
bramble (sorry Mike).

It looks like it needs pruning but if it IS a vine, too late for this
year - a job for the winter months.

Jake

It's a grape vine, but should be sorted out ASAP, cut out any dead
wood and try to tie in the stems to get some shape and structure.
You can summer prune to get rid of unwanted growth.
It's a pity the pictures are so small, I had to save to get them
larger.
It looks as if it's been struggling for a couple of years.
David
Old 19-04-2011, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thanks to all for the replies, consensus is it is a grape vine. I will
pass on this info to the owners!
Plant is in London Jake, so a little ahead of us oop north. Mike,
brambles and I are old friends so I was sure it was not that ;-))
Thanks again for the advice David

Old 19-04-2011, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"John" wrote in message
Hi,
Can anyone help identify a plant please.
Thanks

http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/...patree/Plants/

Its vitis vinifera, as others have suggested (grapevine)