GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Coffee (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/196650-coffee.html)

Dave Hill 28-04-2011 03:25 PM

Coffee

For many years I have been trying to grow coffee and a few times I
have had the root just start to grow but never beyond that.
Today in Liddl they Had pots of coffee plants, multiple seeds growing,
probably getting on for 20 to a pot so I grabbed 2, I will split one
down to around 5 plants pre clump and the other I will try to pot on
all the smaller plants as singles, lets hope some of them survive.

Dave Hill 29-04-2011 09:01 AM

Coffee

On Apr 28, 3:25*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
For many years I have been trying to grow coffee and a few times I
have had the root just start to grow but never beyond that.
Today in Liddl they Had pots of coffee plants, multiple seeds growing,
probably getting on for 20 to a pot so I grabbed 2, I will split one
down to around 5 plants pre clump and the other I will try to pot on
all the smaller plants as singles, lets hope some of them survive.

Divided them yesterday and ended up with 8 pots with 2 or 3 plants in
each and 12 single plants

Rachel 101 29-04-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hill (Post 919372)
On Apr 28, 3:25*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
For many years I have been trying to grow coffee and a few times I
have had the root just start to grow but never beyond that.

Hi Dave,

Would this be coffe bush, or coffee tree?

I was given some Kentucky Coffee Bean Tree seeds a few years ago, and managed to get a couple of them to germinate, one of which is still alive: presumably not the same thing, then?

Rachel

No Name 29-04-2011 11:31 PM

Coffee

Dave Hill wrote:
For many years I have been trying to grow coffee and a few times I
have had the root just start to grow but never beyond that.
Today in Liddl they Had pots of coffee plants, multiple seeds growing,
probably getting on for 20 to a pot so I grabbed 2, I will split one
down to around 5 plants pre clump and the other I will try to pot on
all the smaller plants as singles, lets hope some of them survive.

Divided them yesterday and ended up with 8 pots with 2 or 3 plants in
each and 12 single plants

I have had a coffee plant for years, which I picked up at the Eden project.
Never had anything off it, and it always looked more than a little ropey.
It's looking on its last legs atm.