Old 28-04-2011, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Coffee

For many years I have been trying to grow coffee and a few times I
have had the root just start to grow but never beyond that.
Today in Liddl they Had pots of coffee plants, multiple seeds growing,
probably getting on for 20 to a pot so I grabbed 2, I will split one
down to around 5 plants pre clump and the other I will try to pot on
all the smaller plants as singles, lets hope some of them survive.
Old 29-04-2011, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Apr 28, 3:25*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
For many years I have been trying to grow coffee and a few times I
have had the root just start to grow but never beyond that.
Today in Liddl they Had pots of coffee plants, multiple seeds growing,
probably getting on for 20 to a pot so I grabbed 2, I will split one
down to around 5 plants pre clump and the other I will try to pot on
all the smaller plants as singles, lets hope some of them survive.

Divided them yesterday and ended up with 8 pots with 2 or 3 plants in
each and 12 single plants
Old 29-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
On Apr 28, 3:25*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
For many years I have been trying to grow coffee and a few times I
have had the root just start to grow but never beyond that.
Hi Dave,

Would this be coffe bush, or coffee tree?

I was given some Kentucky Coffee Bean Tree seeds a few years ago, and managed to get a couple of them to germinate, one of which is still alive: presumably not the same thing, then?

Rachel
Old 29-04-2011, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Dave Hill wrote:
For many years I have been trying to grow coffee and a few times I
have had the root just start to grow but never beyond that.
Today in Liddl they Had pots of coffee plants, multiple seeds growing,
probably getting on for 20 to a pot so I grabbed 2, I will split one
down to around 5 plants pre clump and the other I will try to pot on
all the smaller plants as singles, lets hope some of them survive.

Divided them yesterday and ended up with 8 pots with 2 or 3 plants in
each and 12 single plants

I have had a coffee plant for years, which I picked up at the Eden project.
Never had anything off it, and it always looked more than a little ropey.
It's looking on its last legs atm.

coffee grounds from cold press coffee user Roses 4 01-05-2004 04:03 PM
FS Ye Old Coffee Shop |-|erc Bonsai 0 10-03-2003 12:22 AM
NPK of Coffee Grounds Ryunen Gardening 1 01-03-2003 05:27 AM
[IBC] Fw: Coffee grounds Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 22-02-2003 04:27 PM
Coffee grounds Theo Bonsai 0 22-02-2003 08:15 AM