Old 25-05-2011, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default test - ignore

--
Steve

Never shake the ketchup bottle. None'll come, and then a lot'll
Old 25-05-2011, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

You failed. There are test groups.
Old 25-05-2011, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Derek Turner wrote:
shazzbat wrote:

You failed. There are test groups.

alt.test etc....

Old 25-05-2011, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
shazzbat wrote:

You failed. There are test groups.

Get a life. You don't understand ignore? I posted the test to this ng
because it didn't appear on alt. test.

I failed nothing. You on the other hand....

Steve

Old 26-05-2011, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

shazzbat wrote:

You failed. There are test groups.

There may be but the op may be having trouble posting to this group, so he
did what I or any other sensible person would do and post a 'test' message'
then if it appears on his machine he has been successful, simple really!

Alan

Old 26-05-2011, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-05-25 21:33:56 +0100, "Les Hemmings" said:

Derek Turner wrote:
shazzbat wrote:

You failed. There are test groups.

alt.test etc....

But as shazzbat is a regular member of urg, it wouldn't hurt anyone to
help out a friend, perhaps?
--

Agree.
Perhaps the strict guidelines were laid down when only dial-up was available

Tina

Old 26-05-2011, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-05-25 21:33:56 +0100, "Les Hemmings" said:

Derek Turner wrote:
shazzbat wrote:

You failed. There are test groups.

alt.test etc....

But as shazzbat is a regular member of urg, it wouldn't hurt anyone to
help out a friend, perhaps?
--

Agree.
Perhaps the strict guidelines were laid down when only dial-up was
available and I certainly would have been annoyed by a test post when I
was, because I had to pay per minute but now I have broadband available
- and most have by now- I see no reason why an urg member cannot send a
test post. It does after all, say "please ignore" but no-one I know can
ignore a post that says that ;-)

I'm on a GSM dongle... and in English...

I have a USB stick attached to my laptop which is effectively a mobile
phone. It can't make calls. It can only use the 'data' facilities that
smart phones need. I purchase my data. When we were on dial up we'd get
the bill at the end of the month. I'm on PAYG. When I hit the end of the
credit I've bought, my internet access is cut off. I pay for *every* post
I download.

Given that, the size of a test post compared to opening Facebook is
infinitesimally small. there are no pictures on usenet (well not the
groups I frequent).

Warwick - 2Gb remaining
Old 28-05-2011, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-05-25 21:33:56 +0100, "Les Hemmings" said:

Derek Turner wrote:
shazzbat wrote:

[...]

That's exactly what happened to me on dial up.
.. Luckily I have broadband now., and I only use my phone for emergencies.

Test mesage- Pls ignore Ashley Ponds 3 13-06-2003 01:32 PM
test please ignore. ahall Edible Gardening 1 26-04-2003 07:56 PM
just a test, please ignore tcomeau sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:25 PM
test please ignore stacey morris Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:21 AM
test, please ignore Chi Tran Ponds 0 26-03-2003 05:20 AM