GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Limp or dead potato (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/197322-limp-dead-potato.html)

SanVic 26-05-2011 03:09 PM

Limp or dead potato

Hello to the group.
Nothing crucial but I have been growing vegatables for 4 years now with a
lot of luck and have a fair bit of confidence.
This year one of my potato plants looks wilted and flagging. Not a big
issue because I planted 50 or so, but was wondering why just one of them.
What could have gone wrong with a plant that grows almost like a weed?

SV

Jonathan[_3_] 26-05-2011 03:52 PM

Limp or dead potato

On May 26, 3:09*pm, SanVic wrote:
Hello to the group.
Nothing crucial but I have been growing vegatables for 4 years now with a
lot of luck and have a fair bit of confidence.
This year one of my potato plants looks wilted and flagging. Not a big
issue because I planted 50 or so, but was wondering why just one of them.
What could have gone wrong with a plant that grows almost like a weed?

SV

Slug eating through the stem below ground?

Jonathan

harry 27-05-2011 08:38 AM

Limp or dead potato

On May 26, 3:09*pm, SanVic wrote:
Hello to the group.
Nothing crucial but I have been growing vegatables for 4 years now with a
lot of luck and have a fair bit of confidence.
This year one of my potato plants looks wilted and flagging. Not a big
issue because I planted 50 or so, but was wondering why just one of them.
What could have gone wrong with a plant that grows almost like a weed?

SV

Dig it up & see if you can find any root damage.

SanVic 27-05-2011 12:55 PM

Limp or dead potato

Jonathan wrote in
:

On May 26, 3:09*pm, SanVic wrote:
Hello to the group.
Nothing crucial but I have been growing vegatables for 4 years now
with a lot of luck and have a fair bit of confidence.
This year one of my potato plants looks wilted and flagging. Not a
big issue because I planted 50 or so, but was wondering why just one
of them. What could have gone wrong with a plant that grows almost
like a weed?

SV

Slug eating through the stem below ground?

Jonathan

Thats it I think.
I see it is just growing new greenery now after I scratched my way down to
the roots.
Thanks for the help.

SV