Old 26-05-2011, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Limp or dead potato

Hello to the group.
Nothing crucial but I have been growing vegatables for 4 years now with a
lot of luck and have a fair bit of confidence.
This year one of my potato plants looks wilted and flagging. Not a big
issue because I planted 50 or so, but was wondering why just one of them.
What could have gone wrong with a plant that grows almost like a weed?

SV
Old 26-05-2011, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 26, 3:09*pm, SanVic wrote:
Hello to the group.
Nothing crucial but I have been growing vegatables for 4 years now with a
lot of luck and have a fair bit of confidence.
This year one of my potato plants looks wilted and flagging. Not a big
issue because I planted 50 or so, but was wondering why just one of them.
What could have gone wrong with a plant that grows almost like a weed?

SV

Slug eating through the stem below ground?

Jonathan
Old 27-05-2011, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 26, 3:09*pm, SanVic wrote:
Hello to the group.
Nothing crucial but I have been growing vegatables for 4 years now with a
lot of luck and have a fair bit of confidence.
This year one of my potato plants looks wilted and flagging. Not a big
issue because I planted 50 or so, but was wondering why just one of them.
What could have gone wrong with a plant that grows almost like a weed?

SV

Dig it up & see if you can find any root damage.
Old 27-05-2011, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jonathan wrote in
:

On May 26, 3:09*pm, SanVic wrote:
Hello to the group.
Nothing crucial but I have been growing vegatables for 4 years now
with a lot of luck and have a fair bit of confidence.
This year one of my potato plants looks wilted and flagging. Not a
big issue because I planted 50 or so, but was wondering why just one
of them. What could have gone wrong with a plant that grows almost
like a weed?

SV

Slug eating through the stem below ground?

Jonathan

Thats it I think.
I see it is just growing new greenery now after I scratched my way down to
the roots.
Thanks for the help.

SV