GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   please help im new and have a plant id problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/197954-please-help-im-new-have-plant-id-problem.html)

hiphopnrap 04-06-2011 02:46 AM

please help im new and have a plant id problem

3 Attachment(s)
hi
im new to the forum,and i have decided to post a question regarding a plant that is in my garden,can anyone tell me
A..what plant/bush it is
B..can i cut it back/will it grow back

if there is anyone out there with the same bush/plant i would be happy for the information,and what to do about it,it flowers pink and white,but this year has flowered very early due to the hot april/may we have had

dave

kay 04-06-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiphopnrap (Post 925504)
hi
im new to the forum,and i have decided to post a question regarding a plant that is in my garden,can anyone tell me
A..what plant/bush it is
B..can i cut it back/will it grow back

if there is anyone out there with the same bush/plant i would be happy for the information,and what to do about it,it flowers pink and white,but this year has flowered very early due to the hot april/may we have had

dave

It's a weigelia. Yes you can cut it back. A general rule of thumb is to cut things back just after flowering - that gives time for them to develop flowers for next year.