Old 04-06-2011, 02:46 AM
Registered User

Default please help im new and have a plant id problem

hi
im new to the forum,and i have decided to post a question regarding a plant that is in my garden,can anyone tell me
A..what plant/bush it is
B..can i cut it back/will it grow back

if there is anyone out there with the same bush/plant i would be happy for the information,and what to do about it,it flowers pink and white,but this year has flowered very early due to the hot april/may we have had

dave
Attached Thumbnails
please help im new and have a plant id problem-photo.jpg   please help im new and have a plant id problem-photo-1-.jpg   please help im new and have a plant id problem-photo-2-.jpg
Old 04-06-2011, 06:54 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphopnrap View Post
hi
im new to the forum,and i have decided to post a question regarding a plant that is in my garden,can anyone tell me
A..what plant/bush it is
B..can i cut it back/will it grow back

if there is anyone out there with the same bush/plant i would be happy for the information,and what to do about it,it flowers pink and white,but this year has flowered very early due to the hot april/may we have had

dave
It's a weigelia. Yes you can cut it back. A general rule of thumb is to cut things back just after flowering - that gives time for them to develop flowers for next year.