Old 06-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Registered User

Default move grape vine

Hi all. I do not know what type of vine it is but it has a small single pip and it is black, anyway my question is , I took it out of the pot and planted it 2yrs ago, will it be ok to move it once its gone dormant to a sunnier area, and when would be the best time to do this? also should I thin the amount of grapes, it has quite a lot? trand
Old 06-06-2011, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
trand wrote:

Hi all. I do not know what type of vine it is but it has a small single
pip and it is black, anyway my question is , I took it out of the pot
and planted it 2yrs ago, will it be ok to move it once its gone dormant
to a sunnier area, and when would be the best time to do this? also
should I thin the amount of grapes, it has quite a lot? trand

Take as much of the root-ball as you can. Transplant when it is dormant.
Pruning (each bud contains a cluster of grapes) and/or crop-thinning
will allow the "set" fruit to become more mature (higher sugar).
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/

Cutting grape vine after last grape bunch .. (yes..no...) ? MrMe Edible Gardening 4 21-05-2010 12:19 AM
Comfrey -- to move or not move... FragileWarrior Gardening 7 16-08-2007 03:27 AM
Grape vine move Merlin United Kingdom 2 17-09-2005 07:52 AM
how to move flower, rose&grape to new house Michelle Gardening 4 22-07-2004 08:02 PM
AD: Handy tool for tightening/maintaining Grape vine trellis wires, fences, etc - Jake's Wire Tight C&C Fencing Supply Edible Gardening 0 06-02-2003 01:43 AM