GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Suitable material for greenhouse staging (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/198443-suitable-material-greenhouse-staging.html)

Moonraker 23-06-2011 12:31 PM

Suitable material for greenhouse staging

I have a mini greenhouse that has lips that can be used to mount shelves
or staging. They are quite narrow and varying sizes. Originally I use
spare bits of plywood to make the shelving, however that has rapidly
warped and become useless. I thought that a heavy gauge mesh of either
metal or plastic may suit, any other ideas? Also any suggestion as to
where I could obtain such a product. I don't want to pay the earth.

'Mike'[_4_] 23-06-2011 12:44 PM

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I have a mini greenhouse that has lips that can be used to mount shelves or
staging. They are quite narrow and varying sizes. Originally I use spare
bits of plywood to make the shelving, however that has rapidly warped and
become useless. I thought that a heavy gauge mesh of either metal or
plastic may suit, any other ideas? Also any suggestion as to where I could
obtain such a product. I don't want to pay the earth.

Go to picture 020 near the end of all the photos
http://www.myalbum.com/Album=MUKLG34Q click on it twice to enlarge and you
will see what I used. Roofing Battens they put on a roof over the felt and
under the tiles/slates :-))

Been there about 20 years :-))

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.

Wally[_3_] 23-06-2011 06:53 PM

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I have a mini greenhouse that has lips that can be used to mount shelves or
staging. They are quite narrow and varying sizes. Originally I use spare
bits of plywood to make the shelving, however that has rapidly warped and
become useless. I thought that a heavy gauge mesh of either metal or
plastic may suit, any other ideas? Also any suggestion as to where I could
obtain such a product. I don't want to pay the earth.

Have a look around the local factories, a lot of them throw pallets
away, you can get these FOC.
A hammer, some nails and a bit of imagination should sort your problem.

Wally