Old 23-06-2011, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Suitable material for greenhouse staging

I have a mini greenhouse that has lips that can be used to mount shelves
or staging. They are quite narrow and varying sizes. Originally I use
spare bits of plywood to make the shelving, however that has rapidly
warped and become useless. I thought that a heavy gauge mesh of either
metal or plastic may suit, any other ideas? Also any suggestion as to
where I could obtain such a product. I don't want to pay the earth.
Old 23-06-2011, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I have a mini greenhouse that has lips that can be used to mount shelves or
staging. They are quite narrow and varying sizes. Originally I use spare
bits of plywood to make the shelving, however that has rapidly warped and
become useless. I thought that a heavy gauge mesh of either metal or
plastic may suit, any other ideas? Also any suggestion as to where I could
obtain such a product. I don't want to pay the earth.

Go to picture 020 near the end of all the photos
http://www.myalbum.com/Album=MUKLG34Q click on it twice to enlarge and you
will see what I used. Roofing Battens they put on a roof over the felt and
under the tiles/slates :-))

Been there about 20 years :-))

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.

Old 23-06-2011, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I have a mini greenhouse that has lips that can be used to mount shelves or
staging. They are quite narrow and varying sizes. Originally I use spare
bits of plywood to make the shelving, however that has rapidly warped and
become useless. I thought that a heavy gauge mesh of either metal or
plastic may suit, any other ideas? Also any suggestion as to where I could
obtain such a product. I don't want to pay the earth.

Have a look around the local factories, a lot of them throw pallets
away, you can get these FOC.
A hammer, some nails and a bit of imagination should sort your problem.

Wally

greenhouse staging display in the Midlands Julie White United Kingdom 5 15-04-2005 09:33 PM
Greenhouse staging renewal Janet Tweedy United Kingdom 7 22-03-2005 11:33 AM
greenhouse staging KK United Kingdom 12 14-02-2005 07:02 PM
greenhouse staging side? Amber Ormerod United Kingdom 0 16-06-2004 12:03 PM
Here is an interesting material to put on your greenhouse Rob Halgren Orchids 8 03-12-2003 03:02 PM