Old 02-07-2011, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default OT OT End of an era

I know this is totaly off topic but for anyone who has been to Malta
then things are changing drasticaly tomorrow.
No more of the Old Bus service, instead a new service run by Ariva
with new busses.
For more info see
http://maltaphoenix.yuku.com/topic/606/master/1/
David Hill
Old 03-07-2011, 07:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 2, 11:22*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
I know this is totaly off topic but for anyone who has been to Malta
then things are changing drasticaly tomorrow.
No more of the Old Bus service, instead a new service run by Ariva
with new busses.
For more info seehttp://maltaphoenix.yuku.com/topic/606/master/1/
David Hill

Malta has clearly got too civilised for it's own good. They will soon
be moaning when the prices go up.

Go to South America. They still build buses on truck chassis' to go
to the boondocks. Someplaces, they just use trucks with planks for
seats

http://freespace.virgin.net/susan.armitage/ferrybol.JPG
http://freespace.virgin.net/susan.armitage/CAMION.HTM
http://freespace.virgin.net/susan.armitage/BOL1.HTM
Old 03-07-2011, 07:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
I know this is totaly off topic but for anyone who has been to Malta
then things are changing drasticaly tomorrow.
No more of the Old Bus service, instead a new service run by Ariva
with new busses.
For more info see
http://maltaphoenix.yuku.com/topic/606/master/1/
David Hill

They will soon be moaning when the prices go up to pay for it all.

Go to South America where many buses are still trucks.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 15:22:09 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

I know this is totaly off topic but for anyone who has been to Malta
then things are changing drasticaly tomorrow.
No more of the Old Bus service, instead a new service run by Ariva
with new busses.
For more info see
http://maltaphoenix.yuku.com/topic/606/master/1/
David Hill

Another ichabod moment. I hadn't realised the old colour-coding had
already gone. But didn't anybody warn the poor blighters about
privatised British railway companies?

While I'm doing the old-buffer shtick, I remember when Devon General
went over to one-man buses, with a perfect piece of management-speak.
The notice in the bus read that the move was "to increase
productivity": everybody likes productivity, after all...even when
there isn't actually a product. But of course it's now come to banks
claiming to provide a "product", and insurance calling itself an
"industry".

--
Mike.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

" But didn't anybody warn the poor blighters about
privatised British railway companies?"

Arriva plc is a multinational public transport company owned by
Deutsche Bahn and headquartered in Sunderland, United Kingdom. It has
bus and/or rail operations in the Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany,
Hungary, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia,
Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 13:30:13 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

" But didn't anybody warn the poor blighters about
privatised British railway companies?"

Arriva plc is a multinational public transport company owned by
Deutsche Bahn and headquartered in Sunderland, United Kingdom. It has
bus and/or rail operations in the Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany,
Hungary, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia,
Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.

I didn't know that. The DB connection ought to be slightly reassuring;
but maybe I'm out of date on that, too.

--
Mike.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Mike Lyle
writes
wrote:

[...]

And government revenue expenditure being called an "investment"
--
hugh